Health and Social Care
|Key Stage 5 Curriculum|
Health and Social Care BTEC Level 3 National Diploma (Single)
Consortium subject: Roundwood Park
- Human Lifespan Development
- Working in Health and Social Care
- Meeting Individual Care and Support Needs
- Principles of Safe Practice in Health and Social Care
- 2 additional units to select from a wide range of optional units from Health science to Children with additional needs
Grade 4 or higher in Science, Maths and English Language, an overall grade of a 4 or higher in English. It is not a requirement to have studied GCSE BTEC Health and Social Care.
4 Core Mandatory units of which:
- 2 Core units: Written exam – set and marked by Pearson
- 2 Core units: Assignment set and marked internally
- 2 Additional units: Assignment set and marked internally
The styles of assessment used for qualifications in Health and Social Care are:
- Examinations – all learners take the same written assessment at the same time under exam conditions
- Assignment- internally set assignment brief where students carry out set tasks, creating evidence to support a work-related scenario.
Students are expected to take part in minimum 50 hours work experience. In addition during the course all will take part in trips to a wide range of health and social care settings from local primary schools to hospitals and care homes.