The following pages contain key information for students taking public exams. If students/parents have any queries or concerns, please phone, or see the Examinations Officer.
Exam information for candidates
Year 12 Financial Studies - TBC
Year 10 Internal Examinations Timetable - TBC
Year 12 Internal Examinations Timetable - TBC
Summer 2024 Public Examinations
The summer examinations will commence from Thursday 9 May 2024 until Wednesday 19 June 2024. Students must be available up to and including Wednesday 26 June 2024, as this has been determined as the contingency date.
Individual timetables will be issued to students and parents/carers by the end of the Spring Term by which time, arrangements will be confirmed for students who have a clash of exams ie 2 exams scheduled for the same time.
Examination results collection
Arrangements for Collecting Results – Summer 2024
Collection in person for Years 13 and 11 only
Exam results can be collected on the dates below:
- A Levels and BTEC – Thursday 15 August 2024
- Year 13 results – Available from 8.00am to 10.00am
- GCSE – Thursday 22 August 2024
- Year 11 results – Available between 8.30am to 10.30am
Years 10 and 12 students please do not come into school to collect your results. Results will be issued online via EduLink to students only.
Unable to collect in person
If you are unable to collect in person, you can do one of the following:
- Provide the Exams Officer with an A4 stamped addressed envelope with a 1st class LARGE letter stamp affixed, by the end of term (Thursday, 20 July 2023 midday) and your results will be posted to you. Please be aware that exam board regulations state that results can only be posted on results day itself so you may not receive your results until a few days after result publication, dependent on the postal system.
- Provide the Exams Officer with written permission for someone else to collect your results on your behalf, complete the collection of results permission form below. The permission form must be handed in when the results are collected and your nominated representative (and that includes a parent) will require a form of identification (eg passport, driving licence). Please note that exam results are not provided over the phone, or by text or email under any circumstances.
Post result services
For detailed information about the different post results services offered by exam boards, please read pages 16/17 of the Exam Guidance.
Post-Results Services - GCSE/GCE A-Level/AS Level/BTEC
This section contains:
- The Post-Result Candidate Consent form which must be signed by the student for all Post-Results Services (Reviews of Marking and Access to Scripts)
- GCSE Deadlines and Fees Information
- A Level/AS Level/BTEC Deadlines and Fees Information
NO CHEQUES OR CASH will be accepted for any of these services.
Payment of fees must be made before the service is actioned and in advance of the deadline.
Payment can be made via the Exams tab on ParentPay if students are staying at SJL or directly to the school bank account for leavers (Years 13 and 11)
All completed and signed candidate consent forms MUST be returned to the Exams Office firstname.lastname@example.org
For the academic year 2022-2023
A Level/BTEC Certificates are issued to students at a presentation evening held in December. If students are unable to attend the presentation evening, certificates can be collected in person from the school or by a nominated representative with a completed Collection of Certificates Permission Form.
GCSE Certificates can be collected at Sir John Lawes reception from December in person or by a nominated representative with a completed Collection of Certificates Permission Form.
For the previous academic year
Certificates can be collected from the school Reception between 9.00am and 3.00pm when the school is open. Please advise the Exams Officer of the date you wish to collect them so that they can be left at Reception for you. You will need to bring some photographic ID and sign a collection sheet.
If you are unable to collect your certificates or arrange someone to collect on your behalf, you can request the school to post them to you, however there is a cost of approximately £7.00 for this service as the exam boards require us to use a signed for tracking service. Please contact the Exams Officer if you wish to use this service.
The school is required to keep certificates for a period of one year after issue. If you do not collect your certificates within this time or you lose your certificates they can only be replaced by applying directly to the awarding bodies. Visit awarding body websites for the services and costs for lost/replacement certificates.
Please follow the process outlined within this link