Sir John Lawes School aims to work in a supportive partnership with all parents and guardians to ensure the best possible opportunities for students. The school operates a comprehensive and wide ranging system of parent's evenings, study skills events and open days. Parents are positively encouraged to contact the school with any concerns or issues and staff aim to respond to correspondence within 48 hours.
Termly reporting is a significant part of ensuring parents are aware of their child's progress, and where additional support is needed the school will work closely with a family to ensure that the educational welfare of a student is of paramount importance.
Parents, guardians and families play an essential role in the education of children, and Sir John Lawes School recognises this.
The following document contains Parental Policies which details the various permissions that are important for parents and students to understand, updated for 2022-2023 to include iPad Damage Procedure Agreement.
Sir John Lawes School uses a portal called EduLink One which provides a convenient and accessible solution for the school to communicate with parents on all aspects of school life and also allows parents to access all information about their child in one place.
What Can EduLink One Do?
Some of the EduLink One features which parents may find useful are listed below:
- Absence Reporting - Parents can easily report their child absent from school due to illness. They will also be notified via email if their child is absent from school.
- Account Info - This screen will allow parents to see general information that we hold about their child.
- Achievement - Will show parents any achievements awarded to their child.
- Attendance - Parents will be able to view statutory attendance statistics for their child.
- Behaviour - This will give parents access to the behaviour records for their child.
- Calendar - This will be populated with upcoming events, parents’ evening dates and school holidays. If a dot is showing under a date, it means there are one or more events happening that day. Click the date to find out more information.
- Catering – This screen links to ParentPay accounts, it will let parents know what their child has chosen to eat and the balance on their account.
- Contacts - This screen will show parents the contact information we hold on file for them.
- Documents – In this section parents can find the annual school report for their child.
- Exams - This will give parents information about any exams their child may be taking. An exam timetable as well as exam entries are displayed.
- Forms – On occasion we will ask parents to complete reply slips through EduLink One, these are found in the forms section.
- Messaging - We now communicate with parents via email and push notifications to the app. Parents will receive instant paperless communications into the EduLink One communicator tool as well as to their email inbox. Parents can also use EduLink One to contact their child’s teachers.
- Timetable - This gives parents a view of their child’s current timetable and will be kept up to date with any changes of teachers, groups or rooms as they happen.
- Update Information – Parents can access and edit their contact details and their child’s information and consents, keeping the school up to date with any changes. (Note: This data can be accessed by any parent with Parental Responsibility and an EduLink One log-in).
How do I get a log-in for EduLink One?
Parents will have received their username via email from Sir John Lawes School.
If you have not received an email (please ensure your email address is up-to-date with the School Main Office) or would like to access EduLink One, please contact us at SJL Technical Assistance.
Is EduLink One secure?
All data within the EduLink One software is encrypted and secured using the most up-to-date TLS 1.2 secure encryption technology.
How can I access EduLink One?
EduLink One is a school information platform that can be accessed on any device – PC, laptop, tablet or mobile device – via the web browser or via the EduLink One app.
Once you have received your log in details, you can access the system by entering the school ID which is 'sirjohnlawes' as well as your username and password.
Links to EduLink One can be found as follows:
EduLink One is available from Google Play, Amazon App Store and the Apple App Store. Click on the icons below to access the relevant store.
|Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad and iPod touch|
|Requires Android 4.4 or later|
|Requires Android 4.4 or later|