At SJL, we are committed to safeguarding. Our designated safeguarding lead is Keith Snaylam, Assistant Headteacher. Please contact him in the first instance if you have any immediate concerns about the safety or well-being of students in the school, or don’t know who else to contact.
- Keith Snaylam - Assistant Headteacher firstname.lastname@example.org
The deputy designated safeguarding lead is:
- Emma Montgomery – Assistant Headteacher email@example.com
The following staff are also level three safeguarding trained:
- Cherie Button – KS3 Student Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
- Donna Beckett – KS4 Student Services Manager email@example.com
- Julie Honour-Jones - KS5 Student Services Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
For all other student concerns, the Form Tutor is usually the first point of contact, and then the Head of Year.
Are you worried about online sexual abuse or the way someone has been communicating with you online? Make a report to one of CEOP's Child Protection Advisors (Child Exploitation and Online Protection command)
Families First is the term used in Hertfordshire for services that work together to support families who need extra help. These are also known as early help services.
We all experience difficulties at some point. Families First can help you find early help and information to prevent issues from getting worse.
If you need more help than your usual support network - for example your health visitor, school, doctor or family centre – Families First can work with you and your family to create a package of support.