The following pages contain key information for students taking public exams.
If students/parents have any queries or concerns, please phone, or see the Examinations Officer.
Exam information for candidates
Exam dates summer 2020
Exam Dates for Summer 2020
- Written exams will start on Monday 11 May 2020
- The last GCSE exam will be on Thursday 18 June 2020
- The last GCE exam will be on Tuesday 23 June 2020
Although your son’s/daughter’s exams may be over before the end of the official exam period they are expected to be available for all the dates, including a contingency date.
Therefore please ensure that they are available from 11 May to 23 June AS WELL AS Wednesday 24 June 2020 which is the Contingency day for GCSE and GCE examinations should sustained national or local disruption arise during the Summer 2020 examination series.
External examinations 2019-2020
Individual timetables will be issued to students and parents/carers by the end of the Spring Term by which time, arrangements will have been confirmed for students who have a clash of exams ie 2 exams or more, scheduled for the same time.
If there are any further timetable amendments you will receive a final timetable near the beginning of the Summer term.
Internal examinations 2019-2020
Exam results dates
Publication dates for external examination results 2019-2020
- November GCSE Re-sit exams - Thursday 16 January 2020
- January BTEC external assessments - Thursday 19 March 2020
- A-level, AS level & BTEC examinations – Thursday 13 August 2020
- GCSE examinations – Thursday 20 August 2020
Examination results collection
Post result service
Post-Results Services - GCSE/GCE A-Level/AS Level/BTEC
These documents contain the Post Result Services available to students (Reviews of Marking and Access to Scripts).
This section contains:
- The Post-Result Candidate Consent form which must be signed by the student for all Post-Results Services (Reviews of Marking and Access to Scripts)
- GCSE Deadlines and Fees List
- GCE A Level/AS Level/BTEC Deadlines and Fees List
- Cambridge Assessment International Examinations ((CAIE) Deadlines and Fees List (Year 12 only)
NO CHEQUES OR CASH will be accepted for any of these services. Fees must be paid in advance of the deadline via ParentPay if Year 12 or below, or directly to the school bank account if Year 13.
All consent forms MUST be returned directly to the Exams Office.