The following pages contain key information for students taking public exams.
If students/parents have any queries or concerns, please phone, or see the Examinations Officer.
Exam information for candidates
Exam dates summer 2019
Exam Dates for Summer 2019
- Written exams will start on Monday 13 May 2019
- The last GCSE exam will be on Thursday 20 June 2019
- The last GCE (A Level) exam will be on Tuesday 25 June 2019
Although your son’s/daughter’s exams may be over before the end of the official exam period they are expected to be available for all the dates, including a contingency date.
Therefore please ensure that they are available from 13 May to 25 June AS WELL AS 26 June 2019 which is the Contingency Day for GCSE and GCE examinations should sustained national or local disruption arise during the June 2019 examination series.
Summer examination timetables academic year 2018-2019
Individual timetables will be issued to students and parents/carers by the end of the Spring Term by which time, arrangements will be confirmed for students who have a clash of exams ie 2 exams scheduled for the same time.
If there are any further timetable amendments you will receive a final timetable near the beginning of the Summer Term.
Exam results dates
Publication dates for external examination results 2018-2019
- November English GCSE Re-sit exams - Thursday 17 January 2019
- January BTEC external unit -Thursday 7 March 2019
- A-level & BTEC examinations – Thursday 15 August 2019
- GCSE examinations – Thursday 22 August 2019
Examination results collection
Post result service
Enquiries About Results 2018 - GCSE/GCE/BTEC/FSMQ
These documents contain the Post Result Services available to students (Reviews of Marking and Access to Scripts).
This section contains:
- the Enquiries About Results Request & Consent form required for all Post Results Services
- the Access to Script Consent form - to request your script prior to requesting a review of marking or to allow teachers the use of exam scripts for teaching purposes
- GCSE Fees List
- GCE/BTEC/FSMQ Fees List
NO CHEQUES OR CASH will be accepted for any of these services. Fees must be paid in advance of the deadline via ParentPay if year 12 or below, or directly to the school bank account if year 13.
All consent forms MUST be returned directly to the Exams Office